Monday, August 10, 2009

Muskoka Heating and Air conditioning, radiant heating, fireplaces, solar hot water. Bracebridge Ontario

Furnace FAQ's

I had an HVAC person over to look at my furnace that desperately needs to be replaced. The fellow was courteous, had a reasonable sounding price and was able to schedule us soon. Do I really need to get a second estimate if I'm happy with this person?



You don't have to do anything, it's your home and your money. However, we feel it is never a good idea to get expensive repair, replacement, or installation work done without getting at least two and preferably three opinions. Unless you have a pre-existing relationship with the individual company you should get more information.




I like my home to smell great so I cover my registers with fabric softener sheets!



Your registers are putting the heat and cool into your home. They are extremely restricted when covered with even specialty products designed for use in registers. When the air flow is restricted your furnace is struggling to find air. This will over work the motor on your furnace and can cause several internal problems. Register’s should be cleaned regularly and left to flow freely. This is similar to running your furnace with a plugged filter..no air, no efficiency, strain on equipment!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    The glazed solar panels are designed for year-round use as the primary heat source for the radiant heating in the winter, domestic hot water heating year-round and for pool heating in the summer. Thanks a lot.

    Radiant In Floor Heating

    ReplyDelete